Club Web Forum

Match Report: Spelthorne Sports v Hartley Wintney

Post by KOB - 15-01-2017, 10:32

Saturday 14th January ‘17
Combined Counties League - Premier Division
Report by David Graham

Hartley Wintney maintained their big lead at the top of the Combined Counties League with a comfortable win at Spelthorne.

The first action of note came on 8 minutes with a strong penalty claim from Hartley. Sam Argent managed to get on to the end of a George Hallahan flick-on, only to be baulked inside the penalty box. Referee Boland waved away the claim.

Spelly came into the game and had two good efforts. First, on 12 minutes, Tommy Mooney fashioned a chance on the edge of the box and his parting shot was comfortably saved by Jake Maddock. Two minutes later Calum Beauchamp went on a run through midfield and saw his shot go just over the crossbar.

On 18 minutes the Row took the lead. A long throw from Steve Noakes on the left saw a flick-on from Liam Eagle and Dean Stow was at the back post to score. (0-1)

The Spelly responded and good play from Calum Beauchamp on the left set up Jack Ball who shot past the post. On 30 minutes, a fast break from the home side saw Sam Bellagdon set up Tommy Mooney, who saw his effort go just past the post.

Three minutes before half time Hartley added a second. A free kick in midfield from Dean Stow saw Sam Argent get in front of his marker and head home. (0-2)
On half time a Jack French flick set up George Hallahan who headed just past the post.
HALF TIME: Spelthorne Sports 0 Hartley Wintney 2

It took the Row just one minute to add a third goal and effectively seal the win. Loose play by the home side in midfield saw the ball break down the middle, leaving George Hallahan with a one-on-one with keeper James Brace. The Hartley striker won the duel, shooting low into the goal. (0-3)

On the hour mark a long clearance from Steve Noakes found Sam Argent and the striker was unlucky to see his shot go just past the post. However he was not to be denied and two minutes later added a fourth goal for the Row. Dean Stow did well to get round the back of the Spelly defence on the left and his accurate cross was headed home at the back post by Sam Argent (0-4)
One minute later the same combination almost repeated the same move, but this time keeper James Brace pulled off a good save.

On 78 minutes a long range free kick from Shane Hollamby saw a good save from keeper Brace. In another two minutes Shane Hollamby sent Sam Argent through, but the striker's shot travelled the wrong side of the post.

The home side made a late rally and on 88 minutes the lively substitute, Casey Castle, made a good run down the right wing before being upended just inside the penalty box by Luke Perkins. Jack Ball converted the spot kick for a consolation goal (1-4)
There was still time for a final effort from the Row. Jack French created a chance for Dec Shuttleworth and the substitute's powerful effort brought out a great save from Brace. [D Graham]
Template ©Egemenerd | Site Build: Kevin O'Byrne | Web Hosting: Dolia | rss widget @ | Online Privacy Policy