Club Web Forum

Match Report: Bedfont & Feltham v Hartley Wintney

Post by KOB - 29-01-2017, 10:45

Saturday 28th January ‘17
Combined Counties League - Premier Division
Report by David Graham

Hartley Wintney visited Bedfont & Feltham’s Orchard Ground looking to do some plucking and picking on their way to hopefully three points. After a quiet start to the game, Hartley opened the scoring on 9 minutes. Sam Argent chased a long pass through the middle. Triston Thomas, the home keeper, rushed from his goal and cleared but only to Luke Perkins some 30 yards out. The winger took aim and, like William Tell shooting an arrow at the apple from his son's head, found the accuracy to beat Thomas. (0-1)

The Row's lead lasted just three minutes. A free kick some 25 yards out from Craig Tompkins was pushed around the post by Jake Maddock. From the resulting corner Hartley were unable to clear their lines and Jason Pinnock scored from close range. (1-1)

Luke Perkins picked up a knock and was replaced by Dean Stow on 16 minutes. Hartley had lots of the play without testing Thomas, and looked vulnerable to the occasional attack from the home side. On 26 minutes the B & F had a chance when a misunderstanding between Dean Stow and Jake Maddock allowed Jacob Lambe a shot from close range which Maddock did well to parry.

Two minutes later, a long run from Steve Laidler ended with a shot from Louie Paget which went just past the post. On 30 minutes a good move down the left by B & F saw a cross from Ashley Quashie which Shakeel Morris headed wide.

The home side overturned the applecart on 31 minutes. A long ball saw Adam New allow the ball to run towards his own goal. Morris managed to get in front of him and New pulled down the home forward inside the penalty box. The Row were relieved to see referee Oliver Davies produce just a yellow card for New. Craig Tompkins took the spot kick and scored easily. (2-1)

On 38 minutes a cross from Jack French saw Sam Argent do well to control and shoot just wide.

Approaching half time, Hartley laid siege to the home goal. A fierce shot from Dean Stow was beaten out by Thomas to Ian Jones. His effort brought a good save from the home keeper who pushed the ball over the bar. From the resultant corner by Stow, Liam Eagle headed back across goal and Sam Argent was on hand to head home from close range.
HALF TIME: Bedfont & Feltham 2 Hartley Wintney 2

The second half saw an early chance for the home side. A long ball saw Steve Laidler and Liam Eagle collide. This enabled Shakeel Morris to go on a run through the middle which ended with a shot past the post.

Hartley applied the pressure for a spell and two chances followed on 52 minutes. First Louie Paget and Dean Stow combined on the right and the cross from the latter saw an over head kick from Sam Argent go just wide. Then Adam New made good progress down the left and his cross saw an effort from Dean Stow well saved by Thomas.

On 55 minutes Louie Paget sent a long ‘banana’ curled pass around the home defence which set Sam Argent free with a run on goal. Melchi Emmanuael-Williams hauled the striker down just outside the penalty box. He instantly received a red card and the home side were reduced to ten men.

Almost immediately the Row introduced their potentially good picker and plucker, in the form of Ross Cook, to 'fill the baskets'. It took the returning striker just five more minutes to score a plum goal. A long cross from the left wing from Adam New found Cook, who fired home on the half volley leaving Thomas no chance. (2-3)

Home midfielder Leon Fisher was guilty of a few reckless challenges on Ross Cook and on 70 minutes was shown a yellow card. Cook continued to be as prickly as a pineapple to the home defence, and on 78 minutes Hartley sealed the match. Louie Paget sent another ‘banana’ pass past the tiring home defence, allowing Ross Cook to run in on the B & F goal. The striker took it on and smashed his shot past Thomas. (2-4)

Three minutes later the Row added a fifth. Dean Stow created space down the right and his cross was headed in at the far post by Sam Argent (2-5)

The home side staged a spirited response and Jake Maddock did well to push a shot around the post from Melford Simpson. From the resultant corner, Hartley had difficulty clearing and Shane Hollamby was forced to head off the line.

On 87 minutes Hartley added a sixth goal. Dean Stow fed Ross Cook who interchanged passes with Sam Argent. The final pass set Argent free and the striker made no mistake in scoring past the outrushing Thomas. (2-6)

On full time a good break down the right involving Dean Stow and Louie Paget saw the latter deliver a good cross which Sam Argent converted at the near post. (2-7)

All in all a good, fruitful day at the Orchard with the basket full of goals and points. However, the Row will need to review some of the defending before their big match on Tuesday. [D Graham]

  • RAB

    29-01-2017, 11:17

    A fruity report!!! Louie Paget was my MOM. He played a blinder, breaking from defence to attack. He even took care of the substitute mountain of a man striker & snuffed him out.
    Up the Row!
Template ©Egemenerd | Site Build: Kevin O'Byrne | Web Hosting: Dolia | rss widget @ | Online Privacy Policy