Club Web Forum

Match Report: Beaconsfield Town v Hartley Wintney

Post by KOB - 15-08-2017, 17:21

Monday 14th August 2017
Report by David Graham

Hartley survived a difficult second half before their Eagles swooped in added time to take the points back to Green Lane.

Beaconsfield started confidently following their big win at Aylesbury on Saturday, and on 5 minutes they had the first chance of the game. Charlie Lossaso went on a long run down the left wing and, having cut in, saw his parting shot deflected just past the post.

Hartley responded and took the lead on 18 minutes. A long throw from Adam Everiss found the head of Adam New, who flicked on to Sam Argent and the Hartley captain sent a left foot volley into the net (0-1).

On 25 minutes, Rams defender Luke Neville was guilty of a very poor tackle on Paul Hodges and was probably relieved to receive just a yellow card. Two minutes later Hodges went on a long run from midfield and his rasping drive at the end of it brought an excellent save from Jamie Norris, the home keeper. Two minutes later it was the Row keeper Paul Strudley's turn to produce an identical excellent save following a shot from Charlie Lossaso.

Approaching half time and the Rams had a chance when Aaron Morgan outpaced the Hartley defence but dragged his final shot wide of the post.
Half Time: Beaconsfield Town 0 Hartley Wintney 1

Beaconsfield started the second half strongly and on 50 minutes Aaron Morgan shot past the post from 12 yards when well placed.

The Rams pinned Hartley back but some resolute defending meant that Paul Strudley was not called into action. However, an intervention by the Hartley custodian led to the Rams equaliser on 74 minutes. A pass into the Hartley box saw Callum Eagle and Beaconsfield's Patrick Ruzicka race for the ball. Paul Strudley came out from goal to clear and clipped Ruzicka, leaving referee Harry Moore no option but to point to the penalty spot. Charlie Lossaso took the kick and scored. (1-1).

On 78 minutes Hartley had a let off when a long ball from the left was headed goal bound by Charlie Lossaso, only for the ball to hit Ruzicka and go wide.

The Row finished the match strongly, creating a few half chances, and in the first minute of added time Hartley snatched maximum points. A long throw from Callum Eagle found Sam Argent in the box. His attempted overhead kick did not come off, but the ball found its way to Liam Eagle, who prodded the ball into the net from close range (1-2)
FULL TIME: Beaconsfield Town 1 Hartley Wintney 2

Team Line-up: Paul Strudley, Callum Eagle, Ben Greenwood, Jack French, Adam New, Liam Eagle, Adam Everiss, Dean Stow, Sam Argent (c), Paul Hodges, James Tennant. Subs: Aaron Parfitt (on for Paul Hodges), Tom Walsh, Steve Duff (on for James Tennant), Louie Paget (on for Adam Everiss)

David spoke with joint first team manager Daniel Brownlie after the game:
"We thought the team's response to conceding the goal was very positive," said Dan, "and we finished the stronger. Obviously we are pleased with the start we have made, and the only goal we have conceded so far was from a penalty; no goals have been conceded from open play. Adam New had a good game and is turning into a first class defender."
"The nice thing about this league," Dan added, "is that we are the underdogs for every match and we relish the challenge. The spirit of the team is great and we are very resilient when things get tough, like they were in the second half. All in all a good result against a good team."
Template ©Egemenerd | Site Build: Kevin O'Byrne | Web Hosting: Dolia | rss widget @ | Online Privacy Policy