Our Sponsors
Hartley Wintney 4 - 1 Milton United
03 Oct 2015 - FA VASE Second Round Qualifying

Hartley progress in the FA Vase against unlucky Milton Utd

It was a difficult afternoon in many ways for Milton United, their preparation went out of the window with traffic on the M4 preventing the majority of their squad arriving before 2.30pm. Made worse by not being able to start with 11 men. Hartley, well aware of their man advantage, drove forward straight from the start. Some clever interplay between Everiss, Argent and Hollamby led to two great saves from the Milton keeper.

Hartley progress through to the next round of the FA Vase after a home win against traffic-delayed Milton United.

Hartley continued to mount the pressure and camped in their half for the opening 15 minutes. Hartley finally got their reward for the sustained pressure when Everiss lofted a beautifully weighted pass to the on running Argent who calmly slotted the ball past the keeper. Superb pass with an equally classy finish.

Hartley created a few more chances and looked comfortable in possession. Parfitt and Jones were linking play up nicely and bringing in the wide men. Milton were awarded a free kick just inside our half, which was driven with some force over our back four and into the path of the Milton midfielder, who lashed it home giving Atkinson no chance. It was a soft goal to concede and we were disappointed in the manner which they equalised, but there was an overriding sense of calm as we knew it was against the run of play.

Hartley made a change early in the first half with Nathan Nurse coming on at right midfield. Once again, Hartley dominated possession, as we would have hoped and expected with Milton playing with ten. We gave more of a license to push our full backs on in a bid to keep the pressure on but also naturally force our wingers higher. Chances were being created on a relatively regular basis, Parfitt went close hitting the bottom of the post after hitting the ball from distance and Everiss' shot went over the bar from just inside the box.

Following a clever pass from Tom Walsh, Hollamby was instrumental in our second goal to put us ahead before the break, when, after some neat footwork, slipped Argent in to grab his second of the afternoon. Half Time 2-1.

Milton were still without eleven men but we knew they had players on their way, so we wanted to take advantage of the extra man whilst it still remained. Hartley looked after the ball well, and we knew that with the extra man, Milton legs would start to tire quite quickly. Hartley continued where they left off and applied pressure in good areas of the park. Both Jonah and Parfitt were nicking the ball and, once again, linking play up with our front two.

Milton's 11th man finally arrived into the changing rooms, and on his arrival Hartley made it three. A throw in from Aaron Parfitt was knocked down by Hollamby and Argent was on hand to bury the ball home from close range. (Happy now busy b*****cks)

The fourth was created by a great move involving a whole host of Hartley players. It was Parfitt who unleashed a shot that struck the post for the second time of the afternoon, but this time it was followed up by Ian Jones who at the time was placed in a more advanced role, who slotted it home.

It wasn't our best performance but I think the score was a true reflection of the game. We dominated possession and created lots of chances. Through to the next round and that's all we can ask. [DB]


MILTON UNITED (HOME) - 3 October, 2015

Template ©Egemenerd | Site Build: Kevin O'Byrne | Web Hosting: Dolia | rss widget @ surfing-waves.com | Online Privacy Policy